Tuesday, June 28, 2011

France

On my trip to France I had a wonderful time! Okay so I didn’t really go to France or London or England, but my sister Mary did with her husband Tim. Tim blogged about all the places they went, so I thought I might as well blog about it too since we are on our way to Chicago to pick them up from the airport. All the places they went sounded like loads of fun, and I would love to go on a similar endeavor if I didn’t have to fly for 12 hours to get there. The only reason I am writing this blog right now is because I am stuck in a lousy car driving to a lousy city sitting next to a lousy friend. His name is Garry, he has a blog to at: http://www.G-is-me.blogspot.com. He never updates it thought so I highly recommend that you DON’T read it. Anyways the car is pretty quiet.. REALLY quiet in fact. Nobody is talking at all. The radio isn’t even on. Both of my parents are listening to audio books so they can’t talk and focus on that at the same time. Garry is just reading this as I type. Hi Garry….. he is getting kind of board I guess. He is getting his iPod and headphones out. I assume to listen to music.

I haven’t blogged for a couple of weeks so I decided to do it now since I’ve got some free time and not much better to do. I have been meaning to write a blog about the trees that fell down in my backyard but I need to put pictures in that. I don’t currently have access to the pictures thought because I don’t have internet and they are on The Facebook.

I only have talked to Mary once since she and Tim went on this trip to a foreign land. Tim write several blogs about the trip so I have still heard quite a bit of their adventures and the visits they have had with friends from over-seas. You could read Tim's blogs is you would like at http://www.frimtanklin.blogspot.com. They are a little on the long side though and there is a blog for each country so only read it if you have plenty of time. But please read it they are funny and they tell everything about the trip.

I only know one of the people that Mary and Tim met up with on this trip. Her name is Kristie. She is from Germany, and she came to America a few years back as a foreign exchange student. She lived with my family for a while and we grew to know her pretty well. I was probably only about 7 or 8 at the time but I remember the experience well. I loved the German chocolate she brought with her! Kristie is really nice and her and Mary have been friends since they met. Since they still talk every now and then Mary and Tim stayed with Kristie for the time that they were in Germany. It is really great and helpful that they got to stay there. It saved them a lot of money and I’m sure they loved seeing Kristie again.

My mother just turned on the radio and The Beatles are playing Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da so I’m too distracted to keep writing this right now so I’m going to end it here. It seems plenty long enough to publish as soon as I get a decent internet connection.

2 comments:

  1. I just noticed your blog. Thanks for writing about our trip. It was a lot of fun seeing Kristie. I hope that you'll write some blogs on your upcoming trip to Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that Mary? She doesn't want anyone to know that she's Mary. That person was Mary, everyone!

    ReplyDelete