Saturday, February 5, 2011

Reviewing My Favorite (#7)

The Topic For #7 is writing a review over your favorite movie,book, TV show, or music. I’m going to do it over my favorite book, or more like a series of books. I choose the Chronicles of Narnia. Everyone has read these chronicles so there’s no point in telling you what they are about, but i will anyways. The Chronicles of Narnia were written from the imagination C.S. Lewis. they are great stories, and all different. They all have basically the same characters, but that differs slightly from book to book, speaking of book to book there are 7 of them. These chronicles are so famous that there are different orders that the books go in. For example there is chronological order, and narrative order. My personal favorite order is the chronological order, I think…what ever one starts with The Magician’s Nephew. I’ve read this series at least twice before, and last year I started reading it for the third time. I have decided not to tell what the stories are about because that would take way too long. The Chronicles of Narnia is a series that every person should read at least one time in their life. It is not only exciting, but it is funny and meaning full too. There are things in these books that reflect Christianity. If you have never read these books, and I have convinced you to just comment below and I will be happy to lone you one of my household’s two sets.

Earlier this year I printed off almost ten of these-> imageand the first day i brought them to school I gave most of them away to friends, but i kept two for myself. Yesterday I gave another one away to my BFF Emily. Now I only have one left, and it is special because I used a map of my school and wrote in the important places where they would correspond on the map. I tuned out good, oh and by the way the wardrobe is hidden in the woods to the left of the football field. Don’t tell anyone though. Narnia is so much fun, you really should visit there sometime.

If I still haven’t convinced you into reading these books then you should visit this site. Here you can read the summaries that I was too lazy to write. Don’t read too much though, because then you wont be surprised by the books.

I have so much more that I want to say about Narnia, like how great all of the talking animals are, or that you should make sure to visit Mr.. and Mrs.. Beaver if you go there. But I don’t have time to talk about too much else, except Aslan.  Aslan is a lion, he can be intimidating but he would never harm anyone if he didn’t have to. He is nothing more than a big fluffy cat, yet he is so much more than just an intimidating lion. He is made to represent Jesus and he has the power to create or end a world. This is clearly demonstrated in The Magician’s Nephew. Aslan isn’t someone to fear, he is someone you should hope you meat if you visit Narnia. So go off and have your own adventures in Narnia so you don’t have to listen to mine any longer.

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you describe Aslan in your blog. Can't wait to have adventures in Narnia!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pretty much have me sold on Narnia. If I get some free time I might have to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete