Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My First Blog

So today I made up my mind to start blogging (or whatever it's called). But I’m not sure what to write, I mean type about. I also decided to start sketching. I'm not that great of an artist though. I drew a keyboard (since I play piano, and I couldn't think of anything better to sketch), and I’m going to add (by my sister's advice) a piece of sheet music in the background with some ink and a quill pen. So I guess this means I am going to have to learn how to write fancy. I just realized that I can get on the Internet now, because I just got home from my sister's house. We got to take Zhoe and Charlie to The Concert in the  Park. I didn't listen to the music at all, but I had fun walking the two dogs. Well okay I guess I’m going to stop writing now so I get on the Internet, and learn how to write fancy.

Okay I’m back, but I couldn’t find anything on the web about writing fancy. So I just tried my best and it turned out pretty good. I’ll put a link at the end of this story so you can see how good I did. Or maybe I’ll be able to put the actual picture right in the middle of this paragraph. Okay now I’m going to get the picture I’ll be right back….okay here’s the original…Piano Keys

And here’s my favorite edited one…modifide piano keys_01 I edited it about 5 (give, or take) different ways, using GIMP,which is a free image editing program. All I did was change the colors a little bit, and I did some stuff with the darkness, and contrast.

I had to do something to the picture because as you can see if I didn’t it’s pretty light. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to edit it, because I wanted to have a nice original. Oh well! It’s not that big of a deal, and it’s not hard to see on actual paper, so I’m thinking about framing it…. No I’m not going to frame it, because I don’t have a frame but I’ll probably hang it up in my room or something like that. Okay I have to stop typing now because my dog is barking like a maniac and I need to make him stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment